The North East Quality Observatory Service (NEQOS) has been working closely with AHSN NENC to produce strategically and operationally important insights into the health status of the region and the healthcare system. The three main outputs of this are:
- The outcome measurement framework
- The health surveillance report
- Production of a measurement framework for Patient Safety
Outcome measurement framework
One element of this is the design and production of measures to support Programme leads to identify priorities and evaluate the impact of initiatives with respect to improvement in quality or clinical variation. This is an important piece of work as the framework produced across each Programme will ultimately:
- Provide objective evidence of the current major strengths and challenges for the AHSN NENC in terms of population health and healthcare;
- Enable the AHSN NENC to objectively monitor changes (improvements) in the region’s population health and healthcare processes/outcomes;
- Enable the AHSN NENC to monitor and evaluate the impact of its initiatives (measure success).
NEQOS, on behalf of the AHSN NENC has developed a prototype report based on the Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF). The NEQOS Health Surveillance Report has been developed to support those involved in healthcare in understanding the main challenges across the region. It highlights strong healthcare in the face of social and economic challenges. This has stimulated considerable interest in the public health needs in the region.
Measurement framework for Patient Safety
The measurement framework for Patient Safety builds on the expertise that made the Surveillance and Measurement reports possible. NEQOS have delivered a baseline measurement for the Patient Safety Collaborative during 2014/15, achieved without any additional resources and within the original resource envelope of the SLA.
The following resources provide an overview of the programme:
To find out more about the Measurement Programme please contact the Programme Lead, Liz Lingard: Liz.Lingard@ntw.nhs.uk