The Digital Health programme will be a continuation of the telehealth projects which are currently running successfully across NE&NC. The AHSN are in early discussions with NHS England on how we can collaborate and build on the impetus of the current AHSN telehealth project which has seen over 100 telehealth programmes in operation across Foundation Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
We have already seen the great success of two telehealth projects supported by the AHSN, in the management of gestational diabetes / hypertension of pregnancy and in the management of Type 1 diabetes in young people.
To develop new telehealth pathways in the AHSN’s areas of clinical focus, the programme will identify the pinch points in a service and work with clinicians to develop a cost effective solution. There will also be wider roll out of some of the successful Telehealth pathways already implemented.
Telehealth Event Resources – Flo ‘TeleHealth with a Human Touch’ North East Regional Event, 10th March 2016
- Event Programme
- Rachael Forbister event blog
- Kim Hinshaw – An update on Sunderland’s pregnancy pathways and the clinical outcomes – part 1
- Kim Hinshaw – An update on Sunderland’s pregnancy pathways and the clinical outcomes – part 2
- Phil O’Connell – The inventor of Flo – The challenges posed on implementing Telehealth
- Paul Marriott – The Regional Flo Programme
- Type 1 Kidz
- Joan Pons Laplana – The main challenges of implementing Flo